If you’re shopping for a robot vac, Amazon Prime Day is a good day, because there are deals on robot vacuum cleaners from iRobot Roomba, Neato and (in the US only, as far as we know, Roborock). Aiming to take on the best Dyson cordless vacuums, Chinese brands have recently driven down the price or robots and we’re seeing that reflected in some pretty hefty price cuts today, such as these… But the sale ends today (Tuesday 16 July)
iRobot is probably the biggest name in droid-based home-cleaning solutions and a more recent Roomba, the i7+, is currently the reigning T3 Award holder in this field. The 960 and 981 are slightly older, but still very near the top of the Roomba ranges.
Why buy an iRobot Roomba?
Apparently employing technology originally intended for military use, iRobot’s Roombas have long been among the most sought after robot vacuum cleaners. The Roomba 960 and Roomba 981stand out for employing the following tech arsenal.
• W-iFi connected mobile app lets you start, schedule and monitor cleans from anywhere.
• Aeroforce cleaning system provides up to 5x (960 model) ornormal suction (981 model). 981 automatically powers up when it detects it’s on carpets and rugs
• Battery life of 2 hours and ‘iAdapt 2.0 Navigation’ means Roomba can navigate and clean an entire level of your home. Drop sensors prevent it plummeting down stairs. The Roombas know when to return to their base station to recharge, so the entire job gets finished.
• Superb dust and debris collection with tangle free extractors to prevent hair and debris jams.
• Comes with 2 ‘virtual wall barriers’ to keep the robots out of difficult areas such as toy-strewn kids bedrooms, replacement filter and side brush.
More robot vacuum cleaner deals: Neato
Also at Amazon there are great deals on some of Neato’s Botvac range, which is also an excellent line of robo-maids.
- – live now